- Anti-Corruption Helpdesk
- Best practices in business integrity support provided by investment promotion agencies
Best practices in business integrity support provided by investment promotion agencies
This Anti-Corruption Helpdesk brief was produced in response to a query from a U4 Partner Agency. The U4 Helpdesk is operated by Transparency International in collaboration with the U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre based at the Chr. Michelsen Institute.
Please provide an overview of best practices in business integrity support provided by investment promotion agencies.
Investment promotion agencies can push for integrity and anti-corruption efforts through training, advisory and facilitation services, and access to information about the business environment and legal framework. They can establish grievance mechanisms, cooperate with law enforcement and set up participatory accountability mechanisms in the agencies themselves. These agencies can play an important role in counteracting the negative impact of corruption on foreign investment.
- Investment creates special corruption risks for countries which may endanger the quantity and quality of investment
- Investment promotion agencies can take various measures to increase business integrity and mitigate corruption risks.
- Investment facilitation services are among the most valued services IPAs can offer to investors, and can reduce potential opportunities for rent-seeking.
- There are a number of international organisations that offer integrity advice and assistance to IPAs.
- Overview of investment promotion agencies and corruption
- Investment promotion agencies and best practices in promoting business integrity
- Actors working on IPA integrity development
Iñaki Albisu Ardigo, [email protected]
Matthew Jenkins, Transparency Interntional and Fredrik Eriksson, U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre